DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ACCOUNT
The Finance and Accounts Department is one of the four departments in the Ministry of Finance. It is headed by a Director of Finance and Accounts (DFA).
- GENERAL FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
The general functions of the department include;
- The supervision of staff in the department.
- Preparation of request for release of funds.
- Interpreting of financial regulations.
- Advising Management on control and management of funds.
- Preparation of the Ministry’s Final Accounts/Appropriation. Accounts.
- Preparation of relevant periodic financial statements/reports.
- Assist management in the preparation of Annual budget of the Ministry.
- Receipts and disbursement of funds of the Ministry.
- Preparation of monthly cash budget.
- STRUCTURE OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department is structured into four sections namely
- Treasury Section
- Collection of Ministry’s cheques from the office of the PS/Accountant General.
- Lodgement of cheques collected to designate Bank Accounts.
- Receipts and Disbursement of funds.
- Tax Matters.
- Salary Section
- Preparation of Staff Salaries and allowances
- Processing of payee Tax certificates, salary updates
- Maintenance of staff payrolls, etc.
- Expenditure Control Section
- Maintains/keep departmental vote books, Cashbooks, Ledgers and relevant internal control books.
- Preparation of payment vouchers
- Retirement of payment vouchers, etc.
- Management Accounts Section
- Request for release of funds.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual cash budget of the Ministry.
- Preparation of periodic and annual financial reports, Final Accounts/Appropriation Accounts.
- Reconciliation of Bank Accounts
- Preparation of domiciliary letters, pay advice, documentation contract documents and related financial reports
- Response to Audit queries, etc.
Biokoro D.A -Deputy Director (A/cs)
Ogunje O. E. -Asst. Chief Accountant
Adams Nelson -Principal Accountant
Eyan, E.O. (Mrs.) -Accountant I
Ajamah, EdithNgozi (Mrs.) -Accountant I
Ogana, V. T. -Senior Exe. Officer
Anomfueme Anthony I. -Higher Exe. Officer A/cs.
EluecheUchenna -Higher Exe. Officer A/cs.
Jagun, John -Higher Exe. Officer A/cs.
Imuero Patience E. -Higher Exe. Officer A/cs.
AputuAwele Juliet -Higher Exe. Officer A/cs.
Ovie, David -Executive Officer A/cs.
Monu, T. Nneka -Chief Secretariat Assistant
Asikuba, S. -Chief. Clerical Officer
Nwandu M.N. (Mrs.) -Chief Clerical Officer
Igharoro, S. -Chief WorksSuperin-tendent
Omokiniovo, E. (Miss) -Clerical Officer II