Other Names: Okenmor Fidelis
Date of Birth: 23rd April, 1958
Place of Birth: Obiaruku. Nigeria
Local Government: Ukwuani
State of Origin: Delta State
Marital Status: Married
- 1985 M.Sc Finance (with Specialization in Corporate Finance), University of Lagos
(University of Lagos Scholar – 1984/1985)
- 1983 B.Sc (Hons) Banking and Finance
(Second Class Upper Division) University of Lagos
- 2003 Fellow, Chartered Institute of Marketers, Nigeria
- 2002 Fellow, Chartered Institute of Bankers, Nigeria
- 1996 Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Nigeria Stockbrokers
MEMBERSHIP OF NATIONAL COMMITTEES
- 2003 Presidential Committee on Offshore Banking in Nigeria
- 2003 Banker Sub-Committee on Corporate Governance in Nigeria
- 2001 Bankers sub-committee on Interest Rates Reduction in Nigeria
- 1996 Alternate member, Council of Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers
- 1995 Organizer and one of the founding fathers of the Association of Issuing Houses of Nigeria
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- 2004 Paul Harris Fellowship Award by Rotary international
- 2002 West African International Golden Award for Excellence in Enterprise
- 2003: Driving Corporate performance Harvard Business School, Boston, USA
- 1997: The Change Program International Institute for Mgt. Development (IMD) Switzerland
- 1995, 1990: International Market Course August, Oxford, United Kingdom Several International and Local Conferences/Trainings
- 2019 – Till Date: Hon. Commissioner for Finance, Delta State Government
- 2015 – 2019: Hon. Commissioner for Water Resources Dev. Delta State Government
- 2006 2015: Chairman/CEO Zeep Engineering and Services Ltd Lagos, Nigeria
- 2005 2006: Chairman Steering Committee Alliance Bank PLC Merger Group consisting of eight banks.
- 1999 – 2006: Managing Director/ CEO, Fortune International Bank Plc
- Board Member Fortune Assurance Nig. Limited
- Board Member, FB Assets Nigeria Limited
- International Bank Plc, Victoria Island, Lagos
- 1997 – 1999: Chief Banking Officer/DMD, Standard Trust Bank (Now UBA PLC) Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Functioning as Deputy Managing director for the bank.
- Assisting in the development of bank’s business focus as well as the formulation of turnaround strategies.
- Responsible for developing and implementing overall market penetration initiative.
- Administrating and supervising bank’s Energy portfolio which accounted for over 80% of total banks asset portfolio
- Cultivating and deepening Energy-based marketing relationship.
- Term leader for all project financial transactions
- Term leader for all syndicated facility.
- Chairman Assets and liability committee (ALCO)
- Alternate Chairman, Credit and Strategy Committee (CRESCO)
- Alternate Chairman, Executive Management committee.
- Directing and supervising market turnaround strategies and particularly responsible for day to day administration of the following strategic business areas: Corporate Banking, Treasury, Corporate Finance, Asset Trading, All branch offices of the bank.
- 1996 – 1997 Assistant Vice President and Head, Corporate Finance Department, First City Merchant Bank Limited
- 1995 – 1996 Senior Manager Corporate Finance, First City Merchant Bank Limited
- 1994 – 1995 Manager, Corporate Finance, First City Merchant Bank Limited
Responsible for the following units:
- Capital Issues
- Conversion Transaction
- Underwriting of capital issues
- Credit Appraisal of Bridge Financial facilities
- Member Asset And Liabilities Committee(ALCO)
- Member Credit and Strategic Committee(CRESCO)
- 1991 – 1994: Manager and Head, Investment Banking Dept. Merchant Bank of Africa Nigeria Limited Deputy Manager, Corporate Finance, Merchant Bank of Africa Nigeria Limited
- Credit Appraisal
- Capital Issue
- Financial Advisory Services
- Loan Syndication
- Underwriting of Capital Issue
- Project Finance
- Equipment Leasing
- Mutual Trust Scheme
- Loan Work-out Assets/Liabilities Swaps
- 1989 – 1991: Assistant Manager, Securities and Exchange Commission
- 1987 – 1989: Assistant Financial Analyst, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Capital Market Surveillance
- SEC representative on Nigeria Stock Exchange
- Valuation of shares
- Financial Analysis of Companies
- Vetting and approval of prospectus and other issues document.
- Vetting and approval of basis of allotment
- 1985 – 1987: Lecturer of Comparative Banking, Business Mathematics and Elements of Banking, Department of Banking, Lagos State Polytechnic.
- 2005 – 2006: Obtained CBN pre-merger consent, the CBN approval in principle and the SEC approval in principle as well as arrange court order meetings, respectively for the eight banks during the Banking Recapitalization of 2005/6.
- 1995: Organizer and one of the founding fathers of the Association of Issuing Houses of Nigeria.